Voter Registration for Property Owners on Ston(e)y Lake
WHO CAN REGISTER TO VOTE?:
You need to fit ONE of the following two criteria.
- Canadian Citizens who are Property Owners. If you are the property owner (named on the bill you receive from MPAC), you can vote. Your adult kids cannot vote if they are not property owners. You can definitely vote in two places. To vote in North Kawartha, Selwyn or Duoro-Dummer you just need to be a property owner and a Canadian Citizen.
- Residents in the Municipality
- Go to https://www.voterlookup.ca/
- Accept terms
- Enter North Kawartha, Duoro-Dummer or Township of Selwyn
- Type in your name, birthdate
- Type in your address or roll number. Note if you live on a Fire Route, you use your Lot Number for Street Number and your Fire Route will be in the list of streets
- Answer the questions related to citizenship, residency and school board choice
- That’s it – you are done –it takes less than 5 minutes
- The voter lookup site is no longer usable after approximately August 14th.
- MPAC will create a public list of voters as of September 2, 2014. You can find out if you are on the list by calling your township the township
- At the end of September, you will get your ballot package in the mail to wherever your property taxes are sent. You can then mail in your vote. If your property taxes are mailed locally here to you and you are not here, you can have your mail forwarded when you leave.
HOW TO REGISTER:
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
WHY GET THIS DONE BEFORE AUGUST 14th?
If you miss the August 14th online deadline, you will need to visit your Township office in person before the end of September to be put on the voter list.
Contact your township office or MPAC.